On behalf of the client, we are looking for an Automation Engineer
No. of Positions: 6 to 8
Location: Skellefteå, Sweden
Joining date: As quickly as possible
Experience level: 3+ years
Accommodation will provide near to the office
Job scope function
- The role is a part of the Industrial Automation Engineering team improving and maintaining the factory automation system.
- The role involves working intimately with the design team to design and implement a highly automated production process.
- The roles also involve working intimately with the Software Engineering Team, responsible for the higher-level system such as MES, ERP and PLM. The production environment has very high demands on cleanness, up-time to reach the set quality level, production efficiency and traceability. It will require a combination of proven technologies and design of new innovative solutions.
Required education experience
- Degree in Electronic/Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Computing, Software Engineering or similar.
- Experience within Industrial Automation in process-driven industries such as: Mining, Paper Mill, Semiconductors, Fine Chemicals, Pharma, Food etc.
- Experience with sensors and instrumentation
- Experience with PLC/SCADA, especially Siemens, Beckhoff, and ABB 800xA
- Experience in OPC connectivity and MES interfaces
- Experience in writing technical documentation (Requirement specifications, Functional design, UML, Test Cases, Test Records)
Key responsibilities include (but are not limited to)
- Develop, maintain, and implement the automation system in the factory
- Commissioning of new equipment
- Fault finding as part of the maintenance procedure
- Work together with the Industrial Automation System Design team to test and verify upgrades and test applications.
- Identify and interact with key automation solution suppliers
- Be part of the team that will give our operations team the tools to run the most advanced and efficient
- production factory in the world.
- Author and review Engineering Design Documentation (Requirement specifications, Functional design,
- Logic diagrams, Test Cases, Test Records)
- Implement, test and commission systems in the aforementioned technologies
- Participate in R&D activities for piloting of new technologies and their suitability to production environments
- Participate in education and knowledge transfer workshops
- Cost estimations for projects and change requests. Provide input for quoting and planning works
- Code review and test of other’s work as well as improving and defining code review practices
- Participate in and contribute towards design forums and improvement meetings for technical improvement and optimization of software processes
Specific skills, abilities and personal success factors
- Highly organized and result-driven
- Proactive and goes beyond expectations
- Passionate about solving complex problems with technology in a simple yet innovative way
- Track-record of successful implementation of advanced automation systems in relevant industries
- Development of control system architecture
- Design, implement and testing of PLC code delivering desired system functionality
- Good experience working with servo drives and motion technology
- Must have worked in multi-cultural environment
- Excellent English written and oral skills, Swedish is a plus