Our client is now looking for a Certification Engineer for emission legislations with focus on diesel engine segment, but also be included in the transformation change towards electrification and new technologies.
Are you passionate about sustainability and environmental issues? Do you have experience of project management, securing deliveries and maybe also working with exhaust emission legislations or certification? Are you interested in the development of advanced diesel engines and exhaust after treatment systems? Does the complexity of global products, fulfilling several emission regulations, sound like an exciting challenge to you? Do you appreciate working together with an engaged team of competent colleagues in a stimulating international environment? If so, you might be the one we are searching for!
In this important position you will be responsible for ensuring that newly developed products or features are compliant with applicable emission regulations at start of production. Since interaction with both external and internal contacts is crucial for achieving results, good networking and communication skills are of high importance. As a Certification Engineer a holistic view and structured way of working is required. The job can, in periods, require travelling.
• Ensure projects have the correct legal prerequisites and safeguard Emission Compliance interests in projects.
• Plan, organize and perform emission certification testing activities by working with, and also lead our organization towards the final approval of the certification.
• Be the main contact and speaking partner versus the different classification societies and authorities we use and certify against.
• Lead and secure the application documents needed together with the projects and apply for emission certificates.
• Support colleagues as well as markets regarding questions related to specific certificates.
Desirable experience and qualifications
• Bachelor of Science degree or similar level of education.
• Knowledge of diesel engines and emissions.
• Experience of emission testing, preferably emissions on diesel engines.
• Experience of project management.
• Experience of technical documentation.
• Fluent in English is a minimum. Good Swedish is desired. Other language skills are welcome.
• Good communication skills, both in terms of reports, presentations and in discussions.