We are looking for a data engineer who works primarily with real world safety data to generate a deep understand of crash and injury causation mechanisms.
- Design databases and data products for business solutions, ensuring usability, scalability, security, compliance, performance, and reliability.
- Migrate and refactor legacy databases in normalized data structure.
- Demonstrate database technical functionality, such as performance tuning, backup and recovery, monitoring.
- Create and maintain solution/technical architecture in the cloud.
- Communicate and collaborate with other parts of the company and ensure that best practices are used for designing and documenting solutions.
- Strong ability to write advanced SQL scripts, procedures, functions.
- Knowledge of using python programming language for data processing and data operations purposes.
- Strong understanding of various data migration utilities such as Azure Data Factor, DMA, SSIS packages, bacpac etc. preventing any data loss.
- Extensive hands-on experience implementing data migration and data processing using Azure services: Azure Storage, Azure SQL DB/DW, Data Factory, Azure Stream Analytics, Azure Analysis Service, Azure Databricks Data Catalog, Azure DevOps, CI/CD etc.
- Prior experience in moving and refactoring on-premises SQL databases in Azure SQL.
- Experience with cloud architectures, pros/cons, and migration considerations.
- Understanding of API design principles.
- Strong communication skills to coordinate and align requests for database feature development and explain solutions to audiences of different backgrounds.
- Experience with vehicle safety data and understanding of crash prevention and injury protection principles.
- A passion for data engineering and analysis.
- Structured way of working, and good documentation skills.
- Willingness to learn and improve.
- Self-driven and result oriented team player.