What we are looking for right-right now is for 1-2 software engineer consultants with hands-on AWS background to help us tear down old infrastructure (our Data WareHouse). This old infrastructure will stop being critical, but it may contain critical pieces that need to be identified and migrated, before we can tear it down completely. We expect a fairly standalone profile that can start from scratch to map existing infra, identify connections/communications/dependencies, do a bit of project management to dissect the process, come up with a plan to turn off things before actually killing them (in order to allow for bringing them back on if needed), help our with some minor migrations to our new infra, and help us get the job done with as little help from the current team. We aim for these consultants decrease cognitive load in the team, so it’s vital that the consultants can navigate the situation to a great degree on their own whilst receiving guidelines & supervision nevertheless. We expect this will take <4 months.
* During this process, we would be happy to realize that the consultants are a match for the team beyond this teardown process. And in that case, we would very much like to prolong, because we do know that we have loads of work ahead of us, in need of smart dedicated people that know how to play in a team. In short: contract is the standard 6 months with prospective to prolong
* A oneliner profile: NOT just a Data Engineer that likes to mangle data, but primarily a Software Engineer that doesn’t shy away from working with data, and has experience working with AWS, and believes that the best way to contribute is by removing lines of code, rather than adding lines of code If it turns out they are a unicorn, and can be both a great Software Engineer and a Data Engineer, we won’t complain though
* Seniority: 3+ years with a track record in mapping/inventory, documentation and project management
* Contract: renewed every 6 months
* Work environment: Linux/MacOS, async/remote first i.e. heavy written communication in English
* Keywords: Gitops/Dataops, CI/CD, Python/Bash/Make/Linux, Infrastructure as Code, AWS/S3, Snowflake/dbt, GDPR/PII, observability, platform engineer, data platform engineer